Monday, April 17, 2017

This Stunning Destination Wedding will Completely Spark Your Wanderlust

On top of being one of the most glamorous, heart-felt celebrations on the planet, this stunning destination wedding captured by the one and only Greg Finck will 100% make you want to jet set to Portugal. The sweeping ocean views, gorgeous architecture and elegant wedding details so perfectly planned by The Wedding Company plus flowers at every turn by Decofloralia all make for a once in a lifetime celebration. Grab a front row seat right here.

Colors
Seasons
Summer
Settings
Resort
Styles
Glamorous

From the Photographer… Pedro and Rodrigo both live in London, but Rodrigo is Mexican and Pedro is Portuguese. They had decided to organize a full wedding weekend in Portugal. The first day, they held a religious ceremony only for close family and friends. The ceremony was held by a progressive priest, who had flown specifically from Brooklyn. This was immediately followed by a gorgeous welcome dinner at Palacio da Sao Vicente, an old covent in the very center of Lisbon. The second day was the wedding ceremony for a broader group of friends and family, held at glorious Penha Longa Resort, in Sintra. Sintra is one of Portugal’s jewels, and beauty is at every corner. Pedro and Rodrigo had trusted The Wedding Company Portugal for planning and design, and they did an amazing job. The ceremony was so emotional with amazing vows exchanged on both sides.

This is Pedro’s vows as an example:

That day. That day we met. That day when I looked at you. That minute I looked into your eyes. Just at you. I knew it. I knew it right then and there. I knew it was going to be forever. I knew life would not be the same before and after. I knew a page had turned, a chapter was ending and another one was beginning. I knew there was going to be life before and after. Before and after you. It took me all this years to be prepared for you. I was not waiting for you. But I was hoping you existed. So all this wait was worth it. I can now say, in front of our family and our friends, in front of all the people that has shaped our lives to this day that I am ready for you. And I am ready for us. I want you to know that I am the best version of myself when I am with you. I laugh more, dance more, smile more, dream more alongside you. I want to read more, travel even more, eat more – yes, eat more – jump more, dare more. I cry a lot more and a lot less. With you stars are brighter and there are more of them. Days are longer. Rainy days are good after all. You teach me everyday the secret of being happy. It’s a choice. Being happy is a choice. And you chose to be happy. With me. And because of that where there was a house there’s now a home. And where there was life there’s now a family. You and I. And starting today, the rest of our lives. As i was preparing for tonight, I remembered the simple lyrics of a country song. That’s right. No philosopher, no writer, no nobel prize. Just a country singer… and it says:

Sitting here tonight,
By the fire light,
It reminds me I already have more than I should. I don’t need fame, no one to know my name,
Just two arms around me, heaven to ground me,
And a family that always calls me home,
Four wheels to get there, enough love to share
And a sweet sweet song
At the end of the day, I have a life that’s good. My love. I have a life that’s good. With you.

Vault CTA

Vault CTA

App CTA

App CTA

Photography: Greg Finck Photography | Videography: Filipe Santos | Floral Design: Decoflorália | Invitations: Paperless Post | Wedding Invitations: etc&co. | Ceremony: Lace Market Hotel Nottingham | Dj: Nuno Soares Franco | String Quartet: String Quartet Solutions | Catering & Wedding Cake: Penha Longa | Gospel Choir: Spirit Breaks | Grooms' Attires: Saville Row Co. | Planning&Design: The Wedding Company | Rentals: Martins Alves | Rentals: Festa Aluga | Sound & Lighting: Watt Light | Wedding: Penha Longa | Wedding Rings: Tiffany & Co.

© Style Me Pretty, 2017. | Permalink | Comments | Add to del.icio.us
Post tags:
Post categories: Destination, Real Weddings, The Blog


This Stunning Destination Wedding will Completely Spark Your Wanderlust posted first on http://www.stylemepretty.com

No comments:

Post a Comment