Friday, April 14, 2017

Historic Savannah Wedding With a Perfect Touch of Pink

Pink is kind of our unofficial team color here at Style Me Pretty, so there’s no denying this beauty by Amy Arrington instantly caught our eye. Set in historic Savannah at The Olde Pink House, it’s a true wedding work of art thanks to the thoughtful stylings of Amy Osaba Design. Join us for the entire event sitting pretty in the gallery.

 

From the Bride… When we first started planning the wedding, I knew two things: I wanted to get married in the South and I wanted it to be a small, intimate wedding with family and close friends. John and I had met, fallen in love, and gotten engaged in the South and it seemed only fitting to continue our love story surrounded by the romantic beauty and history of the South.

As John was from Georgia originally, Savannah seemed like the perfect place and I was utterly enchanted with it as soon as stepped foot under the canopies of Spanish moss and strolled through the city squares. John was already partial to Savannah as he had spent a good portion of his college years down there and we knew our guest would be able to enjoy themselves which was important to us since so many of them were traveling from around the country.  

I had visions of rose gold calligraphy to set the tone, mouthwatering food under romantic candlelight, lush floral arrangements in shades of rose, peach, and ivory with pops of burgundy, and small meaningful touches that would be noticed by those who knew us the best…but most of all, I envisioned a night filled with love, laughter, and memories.

The venues/vendors we choose really helped bring that vision to life and we never would have found them without my wonderful sister who is my best friend and knows me so well. She was absolutely essential in picking out the venues/vendors and it would have never gone so smoothly without her constantly there supporting me. And my parents! They were absolutely amazing during the whole process.

The venues we choose were the Sacred Heart Catholic Church for the ceremony and the Olde Pink House for the reception. The Olde Pink House is a gorgeous Georgian mansion that was named for the beautiful shade of “rose” colored stucco on the exterior and is now one of our favorite restaurants. As soon as I tasted the food and saw the intricate gold and silver murals of the James Habersham Grand Ballroom, I knew I wanted to have my reception there. I wouldn’t have to worry about any rentals or decorations because it was perfect just as it was and the food was fantastic. Even more so, Sara Jackson and the staff at the Olde Pink House were the epitome of Southern hospitality and grace. 

After the venues were decided, I was able to move on to one of my favorite parts of the planning process: the flowers! I was so lucky that my sister found Amy Osaba of Amy Osaba Design. I immediately fell in love with her organic and breathtaking tablescapes and bouquets. Her floral arrangements just had such a way of evoking emotion and a sense of nature at its best – both balanced yet playful and absolutely romantic in every sense. She brought all of this to my wedding and her team was quite simply essential to the success of that day.

About two months prior to the wedding, I realized I would need some help on the day of the wedding coordinating everything. Amy and her team stepped right in and ensured in went off without a hitch. From running everyone through the rehearsal to helping the men tie their bow ties, they were everywhere they needed to be and provided a huge amount of relief to us just knowing they were there. From there, what really completed the whole experience were the personal touches we added throughout the day:

Joy Fairclough of Studio French Blue provided the calligraphy for the invitations and the wedding including a handwritten copy of “My Very Dear Wife” – the Last Letter of Major Sullivan Ballou which I gave to John on the morning of our wedding as it was his favorite. Km Cake Design made the most delicious cakes in a variety of flavors including pineapple upside down cake which was my Father’s favorite and the cake he always made me when I was growing up.

BP Calligraphy providing our favor boxes which had the words from E.E Cummings “I carry your heart with me” written in gold calligraphy across the surface which was the first poem that John ever read to me.

Waxflower Vintage made the most beautiful wax flower crown from a couple of antique orange blossom crowns I had found. My mother had worn real orange blossoms in her hair on her wedding and I wanted to carry that on as a tradition in my wedding.

There were many more of these details through the day that made it so special and I was so grateful to Amy and Brandon of Amy Arrington Photography who captured every moment. Of course there were the gorgeous portraits, the thoughtful shots of all the beautiful small details and decorations, but the really magical part were the candid shots of shared laughter, looks of love, and those special private moments.

Vault CTA

Vault CTA


App CTA

App CTA


Photography: Amy Arrington Photography | Event Coordination: Amy Osaba | Dress: Emma & Grace Bridal | Cake: KM Cake Design | Ceremony Venue: Sacred Heart Catholic Church Savannah | Reception Venue: Art Letter | Hair + Makeup: Pastel Makeup + Hair | Calligraphy: Studio French Blue calligraphy + design | DJ: First City Events | String Quartet: JL Music Service | Transportation: Old Savannah Tours | Transportation: Vintage Limousine | Favors (boxes): BP Calligraphy | Florals Design: Amy Osaba | Garter: Florrie Mitton | Vintage bridal crown: Waxflower Vintage

© Style Me Pretty, 2017. | Permalink | Comments | Add to del.icio.us
Post tags:
Post categories: Real Weddings, Romantic, The Blog, Traditional Elegance


Historic Savannah Wedding With a Perfect Touch of Pink posted first on http://www.stylemepretty.com

No comments:

Post a Comment